Astra H – How to retrofit AFL headlights
|Part No.||Description||Quantity||Approx Cost|
|93178645||Headlamp, ASSY, LH-LH Traffic||1||£270|
|93178646||Headlamp, ASSY, RH-LH Traffic||1||£270|
|13210773||Control Unit, headlamp levelling||2||£210|
|24406569||Control Unit, Headlamp Ignition with seal||2||£205|
|93177645||Control Unit Headlamps||2||£90|
|13255278 13152245||Sensor, Headlamp levelling (Hatch, Convertible) Sensor, Headlamp levelling (Van, Estate)||1||£75|
|13110383||Bracket, Headlamp levelling sensor||1||£20|
|11094425||Nut, Hex, M6, sensor to rear axle||2||£1|
|13110384||Control Unit, Angle, Headlamps, (Used with AFL)||1||£170|
|93186708||Electrical connector for levelling sensor.||1||£9|
|13129266 13129267||Light switch – Xenon, Fog Lights, Auto Lights. Light switch – Xenon, Fog Lights||1||£65|
The wiring diagrams
The differences in the wiring compared to the halogen headlights are:
Pins 9 & 10 – Need new earths
Pins 7 & 8 – Need swapping over.
Pin 12 on XE2 needs removing and rewiring into AFL control unit.
Modifications to Headlight loom connector
If you want to manually add the missing earths it can be done with this method
- Remove the bumper & existing headlights.
- Drill through the empty 2 positions in the headlamp loom connector
- Fit appropriate female terminals into the empty holes.
- Connect these 2 new pins to the 1.5mm brown earth cable already in the loom or to one of the chassis earths.
- Use a terminal extractor and swap over pins 7 & 8 in the loom connector.
- Insulate & cloth tape up the loom.
- Carefully fit the AFL headlights which have been fitted with bulbs, power & control units.
If you want a simple plug and play solution, we manufacture and sell a jumper loom to add the earths and swap over the pins 7 & 8. We also sell a complete loom with all the wiring necessary.
The Levelling sensor.
Additional wires to add to the UEC
- Remove existing level bit signal (pin12) of XE2 which goes to the levelling switch.
- Insert the following termonals and run the cable through the grommet to behind the glovebox
- AFL Ign Voltage
- AFL HS CAN Low
- AFL HS CAN High
- Level bit signal
The AFL Control Module
- Connect an earth to the earth stud below the glovebox.
- Fit appropriate terminals to the ends of all the wires.
- Plug them onto the correct pins of the control unit.
- Connect Tech2, program the AFL control unit and enable AFL on Highspeed CANBUS and all the modules which have AFL within the variant configuration.